When it comes to selling your home, it’s essential to stand out to ensure the best price with the most favorable outcome. One effective way to do that is by staging your home. Staging will present your home in the best possible manner, appealing to homebuyers online and in person. Let’s explore the costs and benefits of home staging.
The Costs of Home Staging
Staging a home is an investment, and it’s important to understand the potential costs involved. The expenses can vary depending on the size of your home, the extent of the staging required, and your location. Here are some typical costs to consider:
- Professional Staging Services: According to data from HomeAdvisor, home sellers pay between $778 and $2,851 in home staging costs. However, the price can vary widely depending on how much staging needs to be done, if your home is vacant or not, and how big it is. How long your home is on the market also impacts the cost due to monthly furniture rental fees.
- Furniture Rental: If your home is vacant, you may need to rent furniture and decor to create a warm, inviting ambiance. Furniture rental costs can range from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars per month.
- Repairs and Updates: Sometimes, staging involves making necessary repairs or updates to your property. This may include fresh paint, minor updates, or landscaping improvements. Costs can vary, and a local expert will be able to assess your property’s specific needs.
- Storage Costs: If you need to store some of your belongings while your home is staged, you’ll need to consider storage costs.
- Utilities and Maintenance: While your home is on the market, you’ll need to keep your staged home in excellent condition. This may require additional utility expenses, as well as regular maintenance costs.
If you need financial assistance preparing your home, the Windermere Ready Program has benefitted many of our sellers. We can provide up to $100,000 and the program includes a personal consultation with one of our local real estate agents, high impact updates, and professional staging.
Why Sellers Should Stage Their Homes
Now that we’ve discussed the costs, let’s dive into the compelling benefits of staging your home:
- Faster Sale: Homes that are professionally staged tend to sell faster than unstaged properties. According to the National Association of Realtors (NAR), staged homes spend 73% less time on the market on average.
- Higher Selling Price: Staging can potentially increase your selling price. According to the National Association of Realtors, a 2021 report found that 85% of staged homes sold for 5% to 23% over the listing price.
- Improved First Impressions: Staging helps create a memorable first impression, making your home more attractive to potential buyers. An inviting and well-organized home can go a long way. In a 2023 study, 81% of buyers’ agents said staging a home made it easier for potential buyers to visualize the property as a future home.
- Increased Visibility: In today’s digital age, most homebuyers start their house hunt online. Staged homes typically photograph better, making your online listings more engaging. A captivating online impression can lead to increased clicks on your listing and increased foot traffic at open houses.
Why Use a Local Real Estate Agent
To ensure the successful staging of your Western Washington home, we highly recommend partnering with a knowledgeable, local real estate agent. Here’s why:
- Market Expertise: Our local agents understand the intricacies of Kitsap County’s real estate market. They know what buyers want and will tailor the staging process accordingly.
- Professional Network: Our experienced agents know excellent stagers, contractors, and other professionals who can assist.
- Pricing Strategy: Our real estate agents will help you determine the optimal pricing strategy for your staged home, ensuring you get the best return on your investment.
- Negotiation Skills: When it comes time to review offers, you want someone who will serve as your trusted advocate, using their negotiation skills to secure the best possible deal for you.
In conclusion, the benefits of staging a home far outweigh the investment. A well-staged home sells faster and at a higher price, and partnering with a highly-rated, local real estate agent ensures success. So, if you’re looking to sell your home in this beautiful corner of the Pacific Northwest, feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.